Selling your home?
You will want to sell your home as quickly as possible and with the least amount of headache and stress. Here’s a great list of 5 Do’s and Don’ts to make selling your home less stressful and more productive:
- Don’t forget to get rid of the clutter and unnecessary furniture. Do make your home look as clean and streamlined as possible. An uncluttered space makes it much easier for buyers to visualize their dream home.
- Don’t “personalize” your garden/yard. Do remove any excessive and/or old lawn furniture, children’s toys, etc. While homeowners may not worry about their backyards which are often private, prospective buyers expect them to be picture perfect. .
- Don’t dim your lights. Do turn on the lights, open the blinds and pull back or remove window treatments. Potential buyers, especially now that we are heading into fall, may come to see your house in the evening when it’s dark, and buyers tripping over your sidewalk to find the front door is not a great first impression.
- Don’t leave all your clothes in your closet. Do remove out of season clothes or extra items and place them into storage ready to move to your new home. It’s difficult for the buyer to visualize the closet space with all your clothes and clutter taking up every available square foot of space.
- Don’t put off minor repairs. Do remember your home needs to pass a home inspection. So if you are aware of any leaks, loose railings or other items, make sure to fix them beforehand or at least assure buyers you are in the process of making the repairs.
Following these steps will reduce some of the stress which invariably comes along with selling your home. And prospective buyers will be impressed with how your home looks hopefully leading to a quick sale!