Interested in a quick sale? If you are interested in selling your home quickly and for top dollar then consider staging. Follow the info graphic below for the do’s and don’ts when selling your home!
Do’s and Don’ts for a Quick Sale
- Don’t: Forget about clutter. Buyers do not want to see your stuff. They want to picture themselves in your home and your stuff gets in the way.
- Do: Fix repairs before listing your home. Buyers like to see a well maintained home. They want to think they can move right in.
- Don’t: Over improve. Buyers will not want to pay for your expensive upgrades. They do want to see updated kitchens and baths. Consider a mini-makeover.
- Do: Look at your backyard. Buyers want to see a well manicured space. They don’t want to see old patio furniture or dead plants and a yard littered with toys.
- Don’t: Forget carpets and flooring. Buyers do not want to move into a home with dirty carpeting. They are impressed with new carpeting.
- Do: Paint in neutral colors. Buyers like freshly painted homes in pleasing colors that are neither loud nor too bright or over personalized.
- Don’t: Forget about your closets. Buyers like plenty of closet space. Boxing up and moving out everything you can from your closets makes it easier on moving day and makes buyers happy.
- Do: Turn on lights for showings. Buyers like light, airy spaces. Turn on lights and open blinds and window treatments for showings.
To receive a personalized Action Plan to sell your home visit our Contact Us page.